from the kitchen: chocolate-oatmeal-peanut butter balls of goodness

Friday, March 22, 2013


I wouldn't necessarily call these things cookies- they aren't very cookie-like shaped and they crumble like crazy, but man, are they DELICIOUS! As probably realized by the super creative name I named them, these babies contain oatmeal, peanut butter, and chocolate chips, and I don't think I have to try to explain to you how heavenly that mixture is. PLUS they are gluten free. Oh yeahhhh.

Disclaimer: this recipe makes around 45 LARGE cookies so I advise cutting the recipe in half if you don't want to store half of the recipe in your freezer (which isn't such a bad thing in my book).

Ingredients:
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of white sugar
1 and 1/2 stick of butter
1 and 1/2 cups of creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs
4 and 1/2 cups of gluten free oats
3 cups of "extras" (I like chocolate chips, but you can also substitute for nuts)

Directions:
Set oven to 350 degrees
Cream together the sugars and butter
Add in the peanut butter, baking soda, vanilla and mix together
Add the eggs and mix together
Add in the oats and extras, mix together
Start to ball dough into cookies on cookie sheet (the dough might be crumbly but try to pack it tightly)
Cook for 10-15 minutes or until they are lightly brown on the bottom (bake for less time if you want them chewier).
Try not to each 10 of them in a row.

That's it! They are SUPER easy and seriously delicious. Enjoy!



2 happy notes:

  1. Nom nom nom. I want these in my belly RIGHT THIS INSTANT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious, I love peanut butter, oatmeal and chocolate chips, these are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

 

Photographs and Memories © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger